Hard to believe a year has passed, but it has.
Suddenly, it’s time for the metamorphosism.com St. Valentine’s Day Limerick Contest again.
The contest will be very simple this year. Here are the rules:
- Read all the rules before entering. This is because entering the contest indicates that you have read and accepted all the rules and terms of the contest.
- Enter in the comments to this post.
- All entries must be in limerick form. If you are unfamiliar with what constitutes limerick form, a quick Internet search using the search engine of your choice will clear up any uncertainty. Alternatively, you may consult a book or ask someone.
- This year, there is no prize. This may change if someone generously donates a prize, but don’t hold your breath.
- There is a mystery judge this year. Maybe I’m the judge, maybe someone else. Who knows? It’s a mystery.
- As every year, conduct of the contest and judging will be arbitrary, corrupt, biased and otherwise patently unfair. Believe me, no one suffers more from this than I. I would change it if I could, but this is a built-in feature of the contest and always has been.
- Anyone complaining about the rules, conduct of the contest, judging or anything else in connection with the limerick contest shall be disqualified and ridiculed publicly or privately, at my discretion.
- Rules are subject to change without prior and/or further notice.
- The contest has one or more themes every year. This year, the themes are malfeasance, iatrogenic illness, Scandinavia (especially furniture), jurisprudence animal husbandry, Scotland, horseradish and television series involving dragons or cooking (or both)
- Bonus points for astronomical legal terminology, as well as terminology suggested by the themes listed in rule 9.
- As per rule 8, themes and bonus points are also subject to change without further and/or prior notice.
- Winners will be announced on or about St. Valentine’s Day (14 February 2013 (my time)).
- Have fun!