I highly recommend this article, if only for the snazzy graph, and the moustache. Reading that, I had the same feeling of envy and wonder I had a couple years ago when that Peter Pan guy’s site was so popular.
This is what the article says about how to improve your blog: 1. provide something unique; 2. provide something valuable; 3. be first; 4. do your research; and 5. learn to write very well.
Not just well, but very well. If you just write well, you’re f*cked, in a nutshell.
What great and unique ideas, you say. Why didn’t someone else think of that already, you ask. Why is your blog so popular, Mig, since you don’t do any of that stuff, you also ask.
Because, I say, that guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about, while I do, obviously. Here is the secret formula:
Mig’s top-secret formula i.e. How to Really have a Popular Blog:
- Use ordered lists alot, or unordered lists for that matter, to appear organized.
- Write wistfully about deer now and then.
- Or tortoises.
- Post like a m*therf*cker, several times a day.
- Send Eeksypeeksy free shit so he comments on your blog, this attracts intellectuals.
- Give away buttons.
limerickpoetry contests. And neologism contests.
- Start a bunch of projects that peter out, or take off once you give them to someone else.
- Get a pig shave.
- I’m forgetting something. Not sure what.