I wrote a post about what I have to be thankful for, but everything crashed when I hit the “publish” button and the words disappeared. Did anyone feel a disturbance in the Force? See? That’s how unimportant a blog post is.
But just writing the list made me serene, or at least calm despite this Nescafe IV drip I’ve got going here at my desk. So I’m going to try writing the list again.
I am thankful…
- …that I’m still together with Alpha, because she tolerates my shenanigans, more or less, and is beautiful, sexy, smart, creative, spontaneous, a good dancer, a pretty good cook, could be a little more diplomatic at times, great mom, excellent source of Bug fodder, and looks good in her new jeans, among other things.
- …for the new red lava lamp.
- …for my kids, who are equally perfect, while being totally different from each other. Both were born premature, neither has behavioural or physical or mental problems you sometimes run into with preemies. Both are wickedly smart and not afraid of adults.
- …for our new woodstove.
- …that I don’t have to cook Thanksgiving dinner until Saturday.
- …that I live in a country where men are still trying to be so macho that Alpha’s girlfriends are envious I’m such a cook, when I don’t really cook all that much.
- …that not many people I know have died lately, and that we all appear to be fairly healthy, except for my dad’s kidneys and my aunt’s leukemia and my other aunt’s parkinson’s and my uncle going a little loony and the other uncle with the flipper hand.
- …the chance to take cello lessons.
- …job, house, car.
- …for NaNoWriMo. I got a first draft of a novel this month, and had fun doing it. If you had fun with this too, go donate $10 like I just did, they could use the money I think. I mean, even a book costs more than that, and I have a draft of a new novel, woet!
- …for you, reading this although you must have something better to do. My misanthropy has really suffered from this activity, because I keep meeting nice and/or intelligent people this way. Thanks for dropping by, even if you got here via a google search for “sexy+dancer+flipper+hand”.
OTOH, Things I am not thankful for:
- George W. Bush
- The Bush administration in general
- Automobiles of any size
- Especially big ones
- The habit Viennese dog-owners have of not picking up after their dogs, if you know what I mean.
- George W. Bush
- George Will, for that matter. I hate that guy.
- The Music Industry
- all sorts of other stuff
What about you?