I didn’t feel like looking for the official Nanowrimo icon for 2008, so I’ve inserted a magician’s assistant.
Life is a series of compromises.
Reasons to be pessimistic about Nanowrimo, for which I have registered but cannot recall my login info:
- no plot, characters, genre, or other details in mind
- leaked way too much mojo last time
- it’s kind of a silly thing to do
Reasons to be optimistic about doing it:
- it’s all in good fun
- it will make me look busy at work
- I will think of something
- when it’s over, you have a manuscript of some sort
Sometimes when I write, it’s this sort of automatic writing thing, where all I need is a blank page and a relaxed mind, or maybe a word or two or three, and the story writes itself, or I just write down what the characters say, but often a real straitjacket of strict rules helps.
In case I find myself in the latter situation, you are cordially invited to contribute rules of your design in the comments, which I do not promise to, but might, apply, and for which I would be grateful.