Doing a few things, mostly spending holidays with the family and trying not to be a jerk, not always successfully. See you early January.
Monthly Archives: December 2004
- 2.30-4.00 AM: Gamma on toilet with bucket in her lap, blowing it out both ends simultaneously.
- 6.30: first shopping trip to nearby store.
- 8.00: Gamma to school, where she’s reading etc at the school Christmas thing.
- 8.30-10.30: Mad shopping: groceries, last-minute presents.
- 10-30-12.00: School Christmas thing. Gamma did a great job.
- 12.00-18.00: Some cooking, some video-watching, some hanging out, bunch of working on stuff I’ve forgotten.
- 18.00-19.00: Take Beta to hairdresser for hairdo appraisal for the ball.
- 19.00-22.00: Wrap presents. Drink Guinness. Get cranky, be mean and nasty to wife and Beta (Gamma already in bed). Regret it.
22.00-24.00: Watch traditional Christmas movie of love and sacrifice: Donnie Darko.
- Next day (today): resolve to be nicer. So far so good.
I did some last-minute shopping on Monday.
[Although I do employ a literary device in this post to convey the gist of the story without embarassing anyone, be advised that it is of an adult nature.]
I was thinking last night, and then this morning again, about the similarities between Titian, who revolutionized painting with his broken colors, dirtying up his colors, moving away from the pure, clear hues of the Flemish masters, and myself. Cause that’s what I do, man. Mix blue and orange.